|Home||» Products||» Fluid Mechanics||» Free and Frced Vortex Apparatus|
Free and Frced Vortex Apparatus
FREE AND FORCED VORTEX
The spiraling motion of air or liquid around a center of rotation or vortex is an important natural phenomenon. The behavior study of vortex helps us understand electromagnetic fields, whirlpool, tornado and drag induced in sail or aircraft.
The apparatus helps students plot surface profiles of free and forced vortex. Forced vortex is generated with the help of external DC Motor where as free vortex can be studied by placing different diameter orifice at discharge to tank.
- Box Dimensions: 800 X 400 X 1500 mm
- Revolving Tank Dia: 250 mm
- DC Motor with Tyristor Drive
- X-Y Co-ordinate Probe
- No. Of Orifice: 2 Nos.
- Sump tank capacity : 75 litres MOC: SS-304 with Matt Buffing
- Volumetric tank capacity : 40 litres. MOC: SS-304 with Matt Buffing
- Pump : Monoblock type 0.25 HP
- Piping with necessary Valves and Fittings
- Digital Stop Watch with 1/10 second Accuracy
- Detailed Technical Manual and On-site Training